Grandma’s Home Cooking School is one of the newer cooking schools in Chiang Mai, and is quickly becoming a favorite. They have new equipment, plenty of space and have assembled a great staff of experienced cooking instructors.
Grandma’s Home Cooking School [Group Tour]
฿1,190 per person (morning)
฿1,390 per person (evening)
Includes shuttle transport, English-speaking cooking instruction, and food.
- Pick-up from your hotel 8:30-9:00am (morning class), or 3:30-4:00pm (evening class)
- Visit a local market to learn about ingredients and seasonings (morning class only)
- Transfer to cooking school, and start with cooking rice / sticky rice.
- Tour the school’s organic farm an learn abou Thai herbs and vegetables.
- Soup and stir-fry session with tasting
- Curry session with tasting.
- Transfer back to your hotel 2:00pm (morning class), or 7:30pm (evening class)
Your guide will meet you at your hotel and take you to shop for herbs at a local market. After the market tour, you will drive out of the city to the cooking school. Whether you choose a half day or a full day, you will have time ti enjoy the herb garden and the shade of mature trees on the property.
Once you have assembled all your ingredients from the market and the farm’s garden you will have hands-on cooking instruction – complete with your own individual cooking station. You will prepare plenty of food for lunch and afternoon snacks, and you will have made some new friends to share your meal.
For more information, see the official web site of Grandma’s Home Cooking School: https://www.grandmascookingschool.com/