The Mae Ngat Dam tour itinerary is built around a one night stay at Mountain Float – a floating hotel on the dam. The two day program is book-ended by guided sightseeing & activities in the northern districts of Chiang Mai.
Mountain float is built around a common area (floating restaurant), and your accommodation is a self-contained houseboat connected by floating walkways. The following room options are available:
- Sunday Houseboat: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Sunshine Houseboat: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Cocoon Houseboat: 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Pana Houseboat: 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
All houseboats have a dinning lobby/terrace and mooring for kayaks.
The bedding configuration is a mixture of double and single beds, and additional beds can be added to accommodate larger groups.
For couples, the Cocoon Houseboat is designed so individual bedrooms can be rented during low season.
Mae Ngat Dam [2D1N Private Tour]
2 pax = ฿9,100 per person = ฿18,200 total
4 pax = ฿6,900 per person = ฿27,600 total
6 pax = ฿5,950 per person = ฿35,700 total
8 pax = ฿5,550 per person = ฿44,400 total
meals, national park fees, attraction tickets & accommodation (twin share) included
discounts available for children under 10 and triple-occupancy
additional costs for premium sightseeing options – see below
This is a private tour, your licensed English-speaking tour guide will accompany you to the dam, and return to meet you at the dock on Day 2. The staff at Mountain Float will take care of you overnight and for boat transfer.
Day 1 – Sightseeing & Mae Ngat Dam
- Pickup from your hotel in Chiang Mai
- Morning Activities, choose 1 of:
- Araksa Tea Garden – Tea Picking Tour (no price adjustment)
- Elephant Rescue Park no-riding sanctuary (+฿1,500 per person)
- Bai Orchid & Butterfly Farm + Smart Elephants Family no-riding sanctuary (+฿800 per person)
- Doi Suthep Temple (-฿400 per person)
- Elephant Safari activity package at Mae Taeng Elephant Park (no price adjustment)
- Lunch (included)
- Drive to Mae Ngat Dam and enter Sri Lanna National Park (park fees included)
- 20 minute boat trip to Mountain Float (boat charter included)
- Welcome drink and light refreshments on check-in
- Free time for water activities (free)
- Dinner served at your houseboat (included)
Day 2 – Sticky Waterfall & Return to Chiang Mai
- A buffet breakfast is served at Mountain Float (included)
- Free time to enjoy lake
- Checkout at 11am, and boat transfer to park entrance (boat charter included)
- Lunch (included)
- Sticky Waterfall (free)
- Return to Chiang Mai.
Want to book, discuss details or request a custom itinerary? Let us know your interests, dietary needs, time constraints, etc. The more we know, the better we can serve your needs.